- [IGEE] Sustainable Development Professorship Ceremony
- On the sidelines of the Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF) 2019, the inaugural Sustainable Development (SD) Professorship Ceremony took place on February 14 at Yonsei University. The SD Professorship at IGEE aims to create a group of faculty members with expert knowledge on sustainable development and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)-related research projects and advocacy events. The Distinguished SD Professorship is given to those who hold or held a ministerial position. The appointed Distinguished SD Professors were: Ms. Helen Clark, 37th Prime Minister of New Zealand and Former Administraotr of UNDP; Mr. Mahmoud Mohieldin, Senior Vice President of the World Bank Group; and Mr. Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, President of Bahrain Supreme Council of Health, while the appointed SD Professors were: Ms. Jaehyang So, Senior Advisor at Office of the Senior Vice President, 2030 Development Agenda UN Relations & Partnerships, World Bank Group; Mr. Woochong Um, Director-General and Chief Compliance Officer of Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department at Asian Development Bank; and Mr. Myung-kyoon Lee, Senior Economist at UNEP DTU Partnership.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.02.28
- IGEE Signs MOU with Seoul Institute
- In addition to co-hosting the Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF) with IGEE, the Seoul Institute will collaborate with IGEE on more projects to promote sustainable future city models and the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). On February 1, 2019, IGEE and the Seoul Institute signed an MOU to promise future partnerships. The Seoul Institute is a think-tank for the Seoul Metropolitan Government. Established in 1992, the institute aimss to establish a medium- to long-term vision for Seoul and propose social policies on welfare, culture, education, and industries and urban management policies on city planning, transportation, safety and the environment.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.02.22
- [IGEE] UNFPA Opens New Liaison Office at Yonsei University
- (Photo: UNFPA) UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is strengthening its longstanding relationship with the Republic of Korea by opening a liaison office in Seoul. The new office, located on the campus of Yonsei University, will facilitate even closer cooperation on global population and development matters, including sexual and reproductive health and rights, population ageing and humanitarian response. The office will also partner with IGEE and different departments in future projects on sustainable development, health care, and women's rights. Collaboration between UNFPA and the Republic of Korea goes back to 1974 when UNFPA helped the government in the area of population policy and planning, including rights-based family planning, population surveys and using data for sustainable development. “This is a very auspicious moment for UNFPA, as we mark our 50th year as the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency, promoting rights and choices for all. UNFPA has long been proud of its special relationship with the Republic of Korea, and our new liaison office will strengthen this important partnership,” said UNFPA Executive Director Dr. Natalia Kanem. “As a developing country in the 1970s, the Republic of Korea made crucial investments in health, family planning, education and women’s empowerment, spurring a significant demographic dividend," added Dr. Kanem. "Now, it is sharing its wealth of experience, resources and best practices to support developing countries in Asia-Pacific and globally. UNFPA looks forward to enhancing our engagement with the Republic of Korea on sexual and reproductive health, population ageing and other issues, and to contributing together to a world of health, rights and choices for all ages across the life cycle.” This year marks UNFPA’s 50th anniversary, as well as the 25th anniversary of the Programme of Action stemming from the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD), the revolutionary agreement that placed human rights and individual choice at the heart of sustainable development. The Republic of Korea was one of the 179 countries that adopted the ICPD Programme of Action, seeing it as key to socio-economic advancement. The country continues to strongly support the vision enshrined within the Programme of Action, whose success is essential to fulfilling the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.02.20
- [IGEE] GEEF 2019 Recap
- World leaders and experts came together with a call for sustainable development to solve global problems such as climate change, inequality and poverty. About 2,000 people participated in the Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF) led by former United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. It took place at Yonsei University on February 14 and 15. The forum kicked off with speeches from international dignitaries, including Sebastian Kurz, Chancellor of Austria; Heinz Fischer, former President of Austria; and Won-soon Park, mayor of Seoul. “We need stronger foundation for development for all, including women and youth,” said Kurz who delivered a keynote speech at the opening ceremony. “We need to protect our environment and respect it. To do it all, we need a holistic approach, and the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) can be our compass.” The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a universal call to action that came into force in 2016 under Ban’s tenure to end poverty, to protect the planet and to ensure no one is left behind. GEEF intends to raise public awareness of sustainable development and promote the SDGs. The forum is getting a major support from numerous organizations. Distinguished guests of the forum included Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand; Armida Alisjahbana, Executive Secretary of UNESCAP; Mahmoud Mohieldin, Senior Vice President of the World Bank; Irina Bokova, former Director-General of UNESCO; Sheik Mohammed bin Abdul Khalifa, President of Bahrain Supreme Council of Health; and Mi-kyung Lee, President of Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). A Call to Action: Empower People, Share Prosperity as its main theme, GEEF 2019 offered more than a dozen sessions on various sustainable development issues. On February 14, two plenary sessions were held on women’s empowerment and equality in healthcare. The forum continued on February 15 with two plenary sessions on sustainable cities and inter-Korean economic cooperation. 12 parallel sessions also took place on the 15th covering other topics including desertification, development financing, children, youth, peace, access to medicine and university’s role in sustainable development. GEEF 2019 was co-hosted by Yonsei University, Institute for Global Engagement & Empowerment (IGEE), Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens, KOICA, and the Seoul Institute.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.02.15
- [IGEE] Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum 2019
- Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum 2019 will be held from Februrary 14th to 15th at Yonsei University. For further information, please go to the program detail on the website. **GEEF 2019 Website http://geef-sd.org/html/ If you have any questions about the forum, please feel free to contact GEEF-Secretariat through the contact information below. *Tel: 82-2-2123-4424, 4439 * E-mail: email@example.com
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.17
- [IGEE] igee News: November 2018 Issue
- --------------------------------------------------------------- Our latest newsletter covers events from May to October. You can download the pdf version below.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.04
- [Center for Social Engagement] Recruitment for USR Student Summit
- Recruitment for USR(University Social Responsibility) Student Summit USRN(University Social Responsibility Network) will host the USR Summit 2018 in Israel. As a parallel session of USR Summit, the USR Student Summit will be co-held and we, IGEE, would like to recruit the Yonsei Student who are interested in joining the USR Student Summit as a student representative as below. High participation from students will be much appreciated. 1. Theme : Universities’ Social Responsibility in Shaping a Future of Critical Hope 2. Main Activities - Student representatives are going to make presentations on their social engagement related experiences and projects then, discuss with students from other universities on possible collaborations - Student representatives will become the founding committee members of the USR Student Networks and discuss further mutual cooperation 3. Hosting Institutions : USRN (Website : www.usrnetwork.org) 4. Place : Israel (University of Haifa & Hebrew University of Jerusalem) 5. Participants : Undergraduate Students 6. Number of Participants : 1 7. Period : December 2, 2018 – December 4, 2018 * The schedule for orientation and preparation meeting is to be announced 8. Benefits - Round-trip air fare and accommodation will be supported - Be eligible to attend Global Youth Leaders Summit 2019 9. How to Apply : Fill in the application form and agreement for personal information and send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org until Sep 20, 2018 10. Recruiting Schedule - Submission of Application : Sep 14 – Sep 20 - Interviewee Announcement : Sep 21 - Interview : From 19:30, Sep 27 - Final Announcement : Sep 28 (The result will be notified via email and SMS) 11. Qualifications - Should be involved in programs or projects that promote university social responsibility and academy-community partnership around critical social issues - Should be Proficient communication skill in English - Should be open-minded, embrace cultural diversity 12. Additional Information - For inquiries : email@example.com or 02-2123-2136 - Please refer to the attached program schedule for detailed information - Application form must be written in English
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.04
- [Ban Ki-moon Center for Sustainable Development] Signing MOU with European Chamber of Commerce in Korea (ECCK)
- Ban Ki-moon Center for Sustainable Development at Yonsei University and ECCK (European Chamber of Commerce in Korea) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on a bilateral cooperation on August 21, as part of Secretary General of ECCK visit to Appenzeller Hall in Yonsei University. These two organizations are committed to make concerted efforts in organizing conferences and seminars such as the Global Engagement & Empowerment Forum on Sustainable Development (GEEF), which will take place in February 2019.
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.04
- [IGEE] GEEF 2019 Call for Papers
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.04
- [Ban Ki-moon Center for Sustainable Development] 2018 Social Engagement Fund
- 글로벌사회공헌원 관리자 2019.01.04