- 2018 promoting understanding of international development cooperation Program
- 게시글 내용
IGEE was selected as “2018 promoting understanding of international development cooperation business” which KOICA hosted.
The business is supported by KOICA in order to enhance comprehension and participation of undergraduate and graduate student, to foster global citizenship, and to reinforce Korea’s distribution and status in Global community.
In accordance with the business, IGEE has opened a lecture called “International Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development: Cross-cutting issues” in the Graduate School of International Studies in cooperation with KOICA. This lecture provides the history of international development cooperation and ODA, recent trend and issue, and sustainable development through one semester basic course in English.
Accordingly, theory and practical knowledge on international development cooperation will be provided by inviting professors of Yonsei graduate school of public health, graduate school of international studies, and college of medicine and experts from outside related to international development cooperation and sustainable development such as KOICA. Also, students who have higher academic performance will be given an opportunity to experience abroad field activities on January 2019. Through the program which will be progressed in developing countries, students will understand the mechanism that contributes to sustainable development goal by examining and researching various subject’s activities in a field of international development cooperation.
Main contents of the lecture
International development cooperation and ODA
- History of international development cooperation
- Korea’s International development cooperation
- Recent International development cooperation issues and trends
- International development cooperation and sustainable development
Reconsideration of International development cooperation
- Fostering global citizenship
- International development cooperation field career search
- International development cooperation experts training
Opening liberal arts aiming to understand International development cooperation and sustainable development.
- Understanding SDGs overall and individual characteristics and relationships through lectures by scholars and field experts in various area
- Abroad field experience: SDGs integrated field understanding based on fair trade
- Running special open lecture to civil society and students.
This KOICA program was first started in2009 and has been actively proceeded to reinforce global citizenship toundergraduate and graduate students and to foster trained experts. For this,international development cooperation course is provided as a regular coursefor students to learn theory of international development cooperation and gothrough field experience. Then students are to rethink the notion ofinternational development cooperation.
In order to answer the needs of the timeswhen universities’ active social participation is required to achievesustainable development goal, Yonsei University has constructed IGEE whichtries to find out the detailed way and solution. Ban Ki-moon center forsustainable development, which is in IGEE, conducts 4 functions: 1)informationexchange 2)cooperation 3) education and research 4) message delivery. Function3 ‘education and research’ is aimed to foster trained manpower who can achievesustainable development goal. Thus, through this business Yonsei students willraise their ability as ODA experts and participate in various programs. Ultimatelythey will be a global leader.